Take the smart way home.
This program is only available through December 31, 2019
Teachers make it their life’s work to educate young minds. To show our appreciation, we've created Home Is Possible For Teachers. This homebuyer program is like extra credit for teachers who help make Nevada a great place to live.
Check out the program benefits and requirements.
- $7,500 in bonus money
- Usable for down payment and closing costs
- Forgivable after five years (if you stay in your home)
- Below-market fixed interest rate 30-year loan
- Statewide program
- No first-time homebuyer requirement
- Can be combined with the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) program with program fees discounted
- Borrower may not own property at the time of closing
- Must be a licensed full-time K-12 public school classroom teacher in Nevada
- Qualifying income below $98,500
- Home price below $484,350
- Minimum credit score of 660 for FHA / 640 for VA, USDA
- Government insured loans only (no conventional loans)
- Teacher must live in home as primary residence
- Homebuyer education course required
- Must meet standard underwriting requirements
- One-time fee of $675 on first mortgage