Take the smart way home.
This program is available through September 30, 2021
Teachers make it their life’s work to educate young minds. To show our appreciation, we've created the Home Is Possible For Teachers program. This homebuyer program is like extra credit for teachers who help make Nevada a great place to live.
Check out the program benefits and requirements.
- Usable for down payment and closing costs
- Forgivable after five years (if you stay in your home)
- Below-market fixed interest rate 30-year loan
- Statewide program
- No first-time homebuyer requirement
- Borrower may not own property at the time of closing
- Must be a licensed full-time K-12 public school classroom teacher in Nevada
- Qualifying income below $105,000
- Home price below $548,250
- Minimum credit score of 660 for FHA / 640 for VA, USDA (680 for manufactured homes)
- Government insured loans only (no conventional loans)
- Teacher must live in home as primary residence
- Homebuyer education course required
- Must meet standard underwriting requirements
- One-time fee of $755 on first mortgage