April 01, 2019
Are you spending your evenings on Pinterest, daydreaming about paint colors and flooring options? Or are you researching dog breeds to decide what kind of puppy you’ll get after you buy your first home?
The signs indicate that you’re ready to buy a house. So, what’s stopping you? Oh yeah. Tens of thousands of dollars. Or the lack thereof.
We hear ya. Owning a home is a significant part of the American dream and one of the best paths to building wealth, but it can be difficult to save the money necessary for the down payment and closing costs.
That’s why we created a new program exclusively for you, the first-time homebuyer. And keep in mind that we define “first-time” as not having owned a home in the past three years, so this is a good option for you boomerang buyers as well.
Home Is Possible For First-Time Homebuyers gets you closer to owning a new home through interest-free bonus money that can be used toward your closing costs and down payment. It also comes with a competitive interest rate, which gives you even more buying power.
“This is literally giving people the opportunity to make their homeownership dream come true, when they normally wouldn’t have the funds to do so,” shares one of our lending partners, Becca Green, the branch manager of Guild Mortgage in Las Vegas and Henderson. “We’re very excited to partner with NHD to be able to help fulfill those dreams.”
Here’s an outline of the benefits and requirements. Take a look and see if this matches you and your situation. If so, it could be the solution you’ve been waiting for!
- Receive 4% of the total loan value as down payment assistance
- Usable for down payment and closing costs
- Forgivable after 15 years (if you stay in your home)
- Attractive, 30-year fixed interest rate
- Available throughout Nevada
- Must be a first-time homebuyer (have not owned a home in the past three years)
- Maximum purchase price & income limits by county
- Minimum credit score of 660
- Must live in home as primary residence
- Must meet standard underwriting requirements
- Homebuyer education required
- One-time fee of $625
If you’re interested in the joy and responsibilities of homeownership, find a HIP-qualified lender to walk you through the steps. Getting you into a home of your own would make all of us at NHD very happy, indeed. And we do have some thoughts on puppy names, if you’re interested.